T-shirt mashes up 360 Red Ring of Death with 2001’s H.A.L..

Microsoft is still having problems with their Xbox 360s and the dreaded Red Ring of Death that indicates you’re now the proud owner of a plastic brick. Some estimates put the failure rate for the Xbox 360 at around 33% which means there’s a good chance you or someone you know has experienced the terror of the Red Ring of Death, possibly more than once.  If you’re on of the unlucky then the folks over at SplitReason have come up with the perfect t-shirt to help you to laugh away the pain:

Well, at least until your 360 dies again.

Must. Have. This. T-shirt!

Browsing over at Think Geek.com I came across the following new t-shirt:

There’s something sentimental about Doctor Who. You’ve got this avuncular character, albeit more fun than any real uncle, who gathers up curious young folks and takes them along with him as he dimension hops through the universe. Most of us started watching it as a kid or a teen. We could relate to the companions and dreamed of getting away from our daily tedium. The Doctor became our access to this other world where we could escape; we loved his mannerisms and eccentricities.

And then he regenerated. You remember the first time you saw it happen. You felt—betrayed. That wasn’t YOUR Doctor anymore. It was somebody else with a new look and new idiosyncrasies. That’s not right; bring back my Doctor, dammit. You kept telling yourself, “He’ll be back. This is all some sort of mistake, right? We’ll all wake up from this dream-sequence in the next episode… or maybe the one after that… right….?”

A lot of Doctor Who fans are sentimental over THEIR Doctor—the Doctor they grew up watching. An informal poll here reveals that Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Christopher Eccleston carry the day in our office, which makes a lot of sense considering the average age of our office monkeys and the timespan in which our PBS stations aired the newest Doctor Who episodes. For 60% of us, our first doctor is our favorite. The other 40% are heathens.

Oh it’s SO TRUE. For me that Doctor would be Tom Baker and while I have much fondness for later Doctors including Sylvester McCoy, Christopher Eccleston, and David Tennant, I don’t think any of them can ever fully replace Tom. I still wear the 13 foot long replica of his 18 foot long scarf my mother made me, twice no less, and there’s still a part of me that wants to be Tom Baker when I grow up. That voice! That grin! Those bug eyes! OK, I could live without the bug eyes, but that voice is something to behold.

Ah, this does bring back fond memories of days gone by watching a month’s worth of Doctor Who in a two hour show through a snowy picture on Channel 62 and then, later, the local PBS station on Channel 56.