OK all you guys and gals who stuck it out and stayed with MT when the big license fiasco took place, your patience has been rewarded as Six Apart has officially released MovableType 3.1. Here’s a rundown of the new goodies out of the box:
- DYNAMIC PAGES – Allows you to choose between static page generation or dynamic pages on a per-template basis
- SUBCATEGORIES – You can easily create new subcategories, and move a subcategory from one parent category to another using a sleak, intuitive interface.
- POST SCHEDULING – You can now set a time and date for your posts to appear.
- BETTER EXTENSIBILITY – The new Plugin API which debuted under 3.0 has been updated even further. Plugins can now add code to be executed to filter comments and TrackBacks before they’re posted; to hook into the publishing process, filtering and modifying the list of files that will be published; etc.
- PLUGIN PACK – All the winning plugins from the Six Apart plugin contest including the latest version of MT-Blacklist.
While I’m not running MT personally any longer, I do still support at least three installations of MT for other blogs that should provide me with plenty of opportunity to try out this new version and offer up my opinions and comments. I’ll have more on this later.