Remember those USB powered light-up Christmas trees I posted about a while back? Well it turns out they’re merely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to USB powered devices that you wouldn’t initially consider hooking into your computer.
- USB electric blanket [mib.co.jp]
- USB coffee heater [dct-net.co.jp]
- USB toothbrush [impress.co.jp]
- USB fan [tt-hardware.com]
- omg wtf is this! [dreamkitty.com]
- USB ‘Desktop safety fan’ (?) [skysis.com.tw]
- USB light [gamestech.com]
- USB fingerprint reader [eyenetwatch.com]
- USB police strobe [impress.co.jp]
- George Foreman USB iGrill (knock out da USB fat!) [thinkgeek.com]
- USB electric razor [impress.co.jp]
- USB noodle strainer [impress.co.jp]
Most of these products are out of Japan where they take the love of gadgets to new extremes and where the rather tiny apartments some folks live in tends to make using your PC as a power source for various appliances a much more sensible proposition. Still, does the world really need a USB powered toothbrush? Or, for that matter, noodle strainer?